Check out what is going on at East Woods!
Please join us in celebration of Pastor Bill and help us give him a wonderful send-off for his military deployment to Bahrain in January.
We will serve an Italian meal and have a program to follow.
Please RSVP by December 30th in one of the following ways:
- Sign up in the Narthex
- Send Gwen Wagner a confirmation email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave your RSVP from your personal mailed invitation in the offertory plate.
Any questions, please address them to Peggy Konzek 360-903-2168 at or Bob Pfeifer at 503-381-9787.
Early next year, Presbyterian Women Bible Study will be coming to East Woods.
On Gathering Sunday, December 2nd, you will be given a short questionnaire asking your preference as to day and time. Our hope is to have enough interest for two groups...one in the daytime and an evening group.
The focus of our first study will be: "God"s Promise: I am with you"...more about this in the December Newsletter.
Presbyterian Women started in 1988 although its roots date back to the mid-1800's. They have been designing Bible study material for women for over 30 years.
If you're interested in additional information about this organization, please check out their website: http://www.presbyterianwomen.org
Please see either Peggy Konzek or Lynne Helmke
Carol Domench leads this small group, meeting every second and fourth Sunday over the summer at 9:00 a.m. in the Willow Room.
Our next book is
"Do Not Sing Songs to a Heavy Heart"
by Kenneth Haugh
We hope to engage in thoughtful discussions that resonate with us individually and affirm our faith, find new ideas we many not have considered before, and welcome all perspectives.
If you enjoy reading, exploring a little more deeply into questions we face as Christians and having lively discussions, come join in.
For more information contact Carol Domench at 360-687-6911 or email her at email@example.com.
Spend a little time in great company.
Have a great conversation and share a cup of joe with your friends and neighbors.
Drop into Evergreen Hall anytime between 9:00 - 10:00 AM on Sundays to have a cup of coffee and get to know your fellow East Woods members a little better, and to welcome visitors.
Enjoy one of our K-cups or bring your favorite flavor.
By the way, you don't need to drink coffee to hang out with us.
See you there!
The kids at Mill Plain Elementary will be off for Thanksgiving and Christmas break. Many of the kids depend on having breakfast and lunch at school.
During November and December the school could use cereal, peanut butter, tuna, mac and cheese, soup, granola bars, bread, oatmeal, etc.
They also have an ongoing need of shoes and snacks. The shoes can be gently used or new, and the snacks can be bulk or individually wrapped. Other items of need are Kleenex, toothpaste, soaps, feminine hygiene, etc.
There is a need to help tutor children or to provide assistance to the classroom teachers.
If you are interested in the lunch buddy program, please contact the Boys and Girls Club to get more information.
Backpacks and paper are always welcomed as they refresh their supplies.
A more complete list of needs is on the table above the Mill Plain bin in Evergreen Hall (Narthex). Please put your donations there.
All donations are greatly appreciated. Contact Conni Pfeifer at 360-281-5368 with any questions.
- Scrip describes gift cards sold by East Woods Presbyterian Church as a fundraising program. Buying Scrip Gift Cards is an excellent way to help the church while making everyday purchases from groceries to clothes to school, office or craft supplies to movies. If you give gift cards for holidays and birthdays, instead of buying them at a store, why not buy them from the church?
- Or consider
buying one for the "Congregational Care Fund" to share your blessings with
those who have needs.
- Download a PDF of the form here: Scrip Form
- The Church purchases gift cards from a company that buys discounted cards from participating merchants. You purchase the gift cards at face value which provides a profit to the church– at no additional cost to you. For example, if you shop at Macy’s and purchase a gift card for $100; the Church will get $10 because Macy’s donates 10% of every dollar. If you purchase that same gift card elsewhere, then the place you purchased the card earns that donation. The amount merchants donate varies from 2.5% to more than 25%.
- Over 200 local and national stores and
restaurants participate – look on other side of
this form to see. There is NO
minimum order - you can order $5 or $5,000!
It’s as simple as shopping using a gift card instead of your credit
card, check, or cash.
- Fill out the order form and return it,
along with your payment, to the wooden scrip barrel on the Opportunity Table in
the Narthex. Orders are placed the first
Sunday of every month but you can order anytime. Scrip Gift Cards are available for pick up
the second Sunday of the month at church.
Return the form, and your check (payable to EWPC), to the scrip barrel
on the table. Please note on the check,
it’s for Scrip. Your check will be
deposited when the orders are placed.
- Credit Card: On the order form, write “paid online” in the “make check payable” area at the bottom of the form. Place your order in the scrip barrel. Then, go online to EWPC website: http://www.eastwoodspres.org/donate to pay.
- Follow these steps: Click the DONATE button to go to the online
donation page. Type in the amount of your scrip order in the “Special Giving”
box. Then identify the transaction as
“Scrip” in the next box with the red asterisk. Complete the transaction boxes.
Sometimes we are greatly blessed. Sometimes we need a little extra help.
East Woods has a new way to share a little of our blessings with those of us who have needs.
Please consider ordering an extra scrip gift card. Fred Meyer or Safeway are helpful for groceries and gas – the most common need.
Place the cards in an envelope, write Congregational Care Fund on it, and place it in the offering. Or hand your envelope to our Deacon Moderator, Lynne Helmke or place it in her office mail box.
Gift cards will be available for the Pastor and Deacons to help our friends and neighbors.
What a wonderful way to love each other!
Put these dates on your calendar incase you want to attend.
(Or you can click CHURCH CALENDAR and look at the church's official calendar.)
6 - Pastor Bill's Bon Voyage Luncheon
27 - Annual Member's Meeting
8-10 - Women's Retreat, Battle Ground vineyard
7-10 - Men's Walk to Emmaus
21-24 - Women's Walk to Emmaus